Iran war
Trump: Planned attack on Iran stopped
Updated 05/19/2026 – 01:50 amReading time: 2 minutes
The US President recently increased pressure on Iran to reach an agreement. Now he is talking about an attack supposedly planned for Tuesday, but which is now not supposed to take place.
US President Donald Trump says he has canceled an attack on Iran that was supposedly planned for today. The Republican wrote on the Truth Social platform that he had ordered the United States military not to carry out the attack. At the same time, the military should be ready “at any time” to launch a comprehensive, large-scale attack if no acceptable agreement is reached with Iran.
Trump further wrote that he had been asked by Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to suspend the planned military strike for the time being, as serious negotiations were currently taking place. He acted accordingly out of respect for this request.
“Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and some others have asked me if we could postpone the decision for three days, a short period of time,” Trump said later in Washington. He spoke of a very positive development overall.
Trump threatened Iran with drastic words
Trump had previously increased the pressure on Iran and threatened to resume the war. “The clock is ticking for Iran and they better move FAST or there will be nothing left of them,” he had also written on Truth Social.
On February 28, the USA and Israel began the war with attacks against Iran. Tehran responded with counterattacks on Israel and Persian Gulf states it considers U.S. allies. A ceasefire unilaterally extended by Trump has been in effect since the beginning of April.