Apparently there is a dispute between Trump and Netanyahu

//

Lerato Khumalo

News blog about the war in the Middle East

There is said to have been a falling out between Trump and Netanyahu


Updated on May 21, 2026 – 12:43 amReading time: 29 minutes

Enlarge the image

Between Benjamin Netanyahu (r.) is interested in continuing the Middle East conflict, US President Trump wants to resolve it as quickly as possible. (archive image) (Source: Leigh Vogel via www.imago-images.de)

The Iranian regime is preparing for new US attacks. There is said to be a dispute between the USA and Israel. All developments in the news blog.

USA has sanctions against UN expert

The US has lifted its sanctions against the UN expert on the Palestinian territories, Francesca Albanese. The US Treasury Department reports this on its website. Last week, a federal judge temporarily blocked the sanctions.

The reason given was that President Donald Trump’s government had probably violated Albanese’s right to freedom of expression with the measures. The US government imposed the sanctions in July 2025. She accused the Italian lawyer of pressuring the International Criminal Court to investigate war crimes against representatives of the USA and Israel. Albanese had accused Israel of an “ongoing genocide campaign in Gaza” in a report.

Apparently there is a dispute between Trump and Netanyahu

According to media reports, US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu clashed in a conversation over further action against Iran. The reason for this is different ideas about how to deal with a new proposal to end the Iran war, reported the portal “Axios” and the “Wall Street Journal”, citing unnamed sources.

One of the sources told Axios that Netanyahu was in turmoil after the conversation on Tuesday. Qatar and Pakistan, together with other partners, presented a revised peace proposal to bridge the differences between the USA and Iran. Trump is said to have said with regard to Netanyahu that he would do whatever he told him.

Iran: Continue exchanging messages with USA

According to the Iranian Foreign Ministry, Iran and the USA are continuing their exchange of messages. According to Iranian media, the basis is a 14-point proposal from Tehran, the ministry said. The Pakistani Interior Minister is in Iran to mediate.

Tehran is demanding proof of its goodwill from the USA and an end to piracy against Iranian ships. Iran is also demanding a cessation of all fighting, including in Lebanon, and the release of Iranian assets. The government in Tehran is serious about negotiations, but still has great doubts about the USA.

The US President backs down: This is Trump’s dilemma in the Gulf

Donald Trump stopped new attacks on Iran at the last second. The allies in the Gulf are putting pressure on it. Not the only problem for the president. Read the full article here.

Israel’s minister humiliates activists – Meloni intervenes

Israel’s Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir is notorious for provocative actions. Now even Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is distancing himself from him. Read the full article here.