News blog about the war in the Middle East
Tehran expects new US attacks
Updated May 20, 2026 – 7:48 p.mReading time: 28 minutes
The Iranian regime is preparing for new US attacks. An enemy drone has entered Jordanian airspace. All developments in the news blog.
Iran: Continue exchanging messages with USA
According to the Iranian Foreign Ministry, Iran and the USA are continuing their exchange of messages. According to Iranian media, the basis is a 14-point proposal from Tehran, the ministry said. The Pakistani Interior Minister is in Iran to mediate.
Tehran is demanding proof of its goodwill from the USA and an end to piracy against Iranian ships. Iran is also demanding a cessation of all fighting, including in Lebanon, and the release of Iranian assets. The government in Tehran is serious about negotiations, but still has great doubts about the USA.
The US President backs down: This is Trump’s dilemma in the Gulf
Donald Trump stopped new attacks on Iran at the last second. The allies in the Gulf are putting pressure on it. Not the only problem for the president. Read the full article here.
Israel’s minister humiliates activists – Meloni intervenes
Israel’s Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir is notorious for provocative actions. Now even Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is distancing himself from him. Read the full article here.
Tehran is expecting new attacks
Iran’s government expects new attacks amid military tensions. “The enemy’s overt and covert movements show that he is seeking a new round of war,” said Parliament Speaker Mohammed Bagher Ghalibaf in an audio message carried by Iranian media. The armed forces made the best use of the ceasefire to rebuild their capabilities, he said.
Meanwhile, Pakistan’s Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi is in Tehran for the second time this week for talks with Iranian government officials. There he first met his counterpart Eskandar Momeni, as state radio reported. Naqvi was already in Iran at the beginning of the week. Among others, he met with Ghalibaf and Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, who are leading Iran’s negotiations with the USA.
Interior Minister Naqvi is considered a close confidant of Pakistani military leader Asim Munir, who is said to maintain good contacts with US President Donald Trump. At the end of February, the USA and Israel started a war against Iran. A ceasefire has been in effect since the beginning of April. Afterwards there were negotiations. Pakistan had been mediating intensively in the past few weeks.
Iran’s Navy: 26 ships pass through Strait of Hormuz
According to Iranian information, 26 ships have passed through the Strait of Hormuz, which is important for energy trade, in the past 24 hours. This was done in coordination with the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Navy, according to a report by the Iranian news agency Tasnim. These were oil tankers, freighters and other merchant ships. In the wake of the war, the Iranian leadership says it created a control authority to regulate shipping traffic in the strait.