Dispute over the Strait of Hormuz
Trump threatens to “bomb the ground” into another state
Aug 17, 2026 – 6:51 p.mReading time: 1 min.
Oman is said to be working with Tehran on a mechanism for the Strait of Hormuz – so far without agreement. A clear threat comes from the US President.
With a sharp threat, US President Donald Trump increased pressure on Oman. The Sultanate is currently said to be… Iran clarify how shipping will be handled in the future Strait of Hormuz should be regulated – so far without agreement. “If Oman gets in our way, we will bomb them into the ground,” Trump told the conservative channel Fox News. Oman is not yet an active party to the war.
That between Tehran and Washington The negotiated framework agreement stipulated that Oman and Iran would jointly find a solution for shipping – in consultation with the neighboring states and taking international law into account. Although Oman reported constructive talks, no agreement has yet been announced.
- War against Iran: Perplexity is growing in the Pentagon
- Pacific Gap: USA withdraws last aircraft carrier from the region
Trump had already caused astonishment in May with a threat to Muscat. Oman is considered the “Switzerland of the Middle East” because of its role as an international mediator in regional crises and has repeatedly intervened between the USA and conveyed to Iran.
Trump continued to say that despite the 60-day deadline for in-depth negotiations with Iran set out in the framework agreement and which has now expired, he is not under pressure. “I’m not in a hurry,” he explained. He urged Iran to raise the white flag in the face of growing pressure. “They’re good poker players, but they’re dying.”